CAIRwatch Radical Review (newsletter) The Politics of Terrorism (radio show) BLOG
HOME PRESS RELEASES ARTICLES MULTIMEDIA DOCUMENTS IN THE NEWS ABOUT LINKS CONTACT VOLUNTEER DONATE

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Answering CAIR's Libels Against Me


Ibrahim Hooper, the National Communications Director of CAIR, last night, January 8, 2006, on CNN's 'Paula Zahn Now,' let out a string of libelous statements against me, which I feel I must defend myself against.

He stated, "Kaufman has written in favor of terrorist groups, the Kahane Chai and Kach. He's written on the radical Jewish Defense League website."

Let me state for the record, NEVER have I written in favor of Kahane Chai or Kach. And NEVER have I written anything for the Jewish Defense League or the group's website. These things NEVER happened. These are lies, and they are being told for one simple reason -- to discredit me and the good work that I and the group I represent have done with regard to the subject of terrorism, which includes that of CAIR.

What I did do was write an article, six years ago, about slain Rabbi Meir Kahane, entitled 'A Kahane Legacy Lost.' The article was written for the Jewish Israeli Magazine, to which I was a writer and editor for. The piece centered around a planned speaking engagement of Kahane's at my university, which was to take place in November of 1990. He was murdered 17 days prior to the event.

Kahane's assassination was the first instance of Islamist terrorism inside the United States. His attacker and those that plotted his murder were connected to the terrorist group that was responsible for the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. That group, Maktab al-Khidmat, would later be known as the predecessor of Al-Qaeda.

While all of the above is true, CAIR has intentionally resorted to lies and defamation, of both my character and my work. This signals the desperation of a group that knows it is on the way out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michaeltjo said...

Another defense you could have used is that if Kach is a terrorist group because of supporting Kahane Chai (A group that was labeled terrorist because of one alledgedly terrorist act committed by one member) then certainly cair is terrorist because of their support of groups that have committed far many more acts of terror using a great many people.

12:00 AM  
Blogger HumbleSoul said...

CAIR on the way out - I hope so. As if the Islamic community in America really needed a front organization to promote their civil rights – nonsense!

You guys really need to get the radio broadcast/podcast going. I’ll be your first paid subscriber.

7:39 AM  
Blogger HumbleSoul said...

CAIR on the way out - I hope so. As if the Islamic community in America really needed a front organization to promote their civil rights – nonsense!

You guys really need to get the radio broadcast/podcast going. I’ll be your first paid subscriber.

7:42 AM  
Blogger HumbleSoul said...

CAIR on the way out - I hope so. As if the Islamic community in America really needed a front organization to promote their civil rights – nonsense!

You guys really need to get the radio broadcast/podcast going. I’ll be your first paid subscriber.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Joe,
Ah! Now I better understand that segment I caught on FNC today (Cavuto's show?).

CAIR's feeling a little heat these days, huh?

8:36 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Joe,
Ah! Now I better understand that segment I caught on FNC today (Cavuto's show?).

CAIR is feeling a little heat these days, huh?

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Any problems, please send e-mail to info@AmericansAgainstHate.org

Google
Web AmericansAgainstHate.org AmericansAgainstHate.blogspot.com
Copyright © Americans Against Hate 2006. All rights reserved.       E-mail: info@americansagainsthate.org